Tuesday, November 8, 2011

in richest splendor

Take me to Your broadest river,
wash me in its current wild.
Lead me to Your deepest ocean,
and plunge me in its rising tide.

Guide me on Your windswept prairie,
To cast my eyes on purest blue.
It's magnificent sky and broad horizon-
sunrise to set, I know it's You.

For this Your world in richest splendor;
the Maker's mark on every tree.
You lead me on to greener pasture-
to higher heights You guide me.

When in the desert sands I wander,
parched and burned by such great heat-
I look ahead, can I be dreaming?
An oasis! -rest for my feet.

Now take me to Your Holy Mountain,
stand me on it's rugged height.
Turn my eyes up from the valley-
Up toward heaven and its delights!

For this your world in richest splendor;
the Maker's mark on every tree.
You lead me on to greener pasture-
to highest heights You guide me.

~an original work by JMP

No comments: